29 May Stepping Up Your Margarita Game
The Fresh Lemon:
This tip popular in Costa Rica is a real show stopper: fresh organic lemons make all the difference! It cuts the margarita so well and importantly, it really hits people in the nose as the glass comes to their mouth. This is a big secret that mixologists employ.
The Spice-ification Of Margaritas:
There is no doubt that adding spice is the prevailing trend spreading through high end bars. It is now time to make sure that is being used in your household as well. We recommend:
– Ghost Pepper
– Tabasco Pepper
Here are the five steps for making two of the best margaritas ever:
- Procure three organic lemons. Use a glass blender or metal cocktail shaker, and serve in margarita glasses.
- Pour salt on a plate. Cut the edge of one lemon to rim the glasses with. Cut two round slices to be used as garnish and set aside. Rim the glasses with the lemon end, dip/spin in the salt, set aside.
- Squeeze the lemons through a strainer into a bowl. Add 5 to 10 tablespoons of sugar, depending on how ripe your lemons are, and muddle briskly.
- Add 2 shots of tequilas, plus an extra splash if you want them strong. Add 3 shots of triple sec. Add three scoops of ice, blend or shake vigorously. Taste. Add sugar if necessary.
- Pour into glasses, add sliced lemon as garnish, serve. Enjoy!